Landlord needs to understand the significance of rental property safety. Renters depend on them to keep the property secure.
Ways to increase rental property security
- Indoor lights in the stairs and hallways need to be bright and burnt bulbs replaced instantly.
- Outdoor lights in back and front has to be lit brightly and fixed but light which illuminates driveway should be motion activated.
Building’s entry doors security
- Exit and entry doors need to be of solid and durable material.
- Deadbolt locks
- Chain locks
- Intercom system
Thorough tenant screening
- Background checks help to find out if a possible tenant is a potential threat to other tenants on your property.
- If multi-family stays on your rental property then this extra cost will be beneficial to more tenants.
- Cameras in front and back entrance, in hallways, stairs, and anywhere you feel necessary.
- Placing a CCTV in a tenant’s apartment without approval is illegal.
Monitored alarm system
- Several home security companies Houston offer 24/7 monitoring services at affordable price.
- All the units in the building get wired. The tenants make a decision if they actually wish to pay the monitoring service monthly fees or not.